Sunday, February 7, 2010

Swap Sisters Week 2 Layout

Hello everyone. Well I am the slackest blogger lately aren't I?? You don't have to answer that one because I know I am. I have had a lot happening in my life lately with family etc and it has been a very long two weeks. Needless to say this is the first opportunity I have had to do a post and put effort into it. I have had little snatches of time but the quality would not have been put into the blog so I left it neglected. . . .truly sorry for that one.

This is the second week for the Swap Sisters and as you can see it was a layout for this week. It could be a card, a 12 x 12 page, 8 x 8 layout or a 6 x 6 layout the choice was ours to make. I of course chose to make a card and below the sketch is my interpretation of the sketch.




As you can see the layout is full of hearts lol and I have chosen not to do the traditional red and white for Valentines but rather Kraft, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla and of course inspired by the Bella Bleu designer paper. All supplies are SU except for the large heart which was a wooden heart from my supplies that I traced onto the cardstock and the smaller hearts also from my supplies as I do not have the heart punches from SU. I have used Cheep Talk, Basic Phrases and Baroque Motifs stamp sets, Not Quite Navy ink pad, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches, scallop border punch, flower brads and Kraft ribbon. Not quite sure if I like this creation or not, so let me know what you think. Please leave a comment as I would like to know your opinion and I seem to have loads of traffic through my blog but not many stop and leave a comment. Anyway that is it for tonight.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with absolute beauty.
The Gypsy

2 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

A gorgeous card Michelle, I love the blues, its something different! Well done on this one chickee and I love your choice of sstamp sets too lOl.

Penny Hanuszak said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous Michelle. I love that you chose non traditional colours........ it adds a richness to the layout and is just beautiful! TFS!!!