Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Progress with my First Paper Bag Album - Lots of pics


So I decided to take some pics of the progress of my very first paper bag album or even mini album. I have not done them before but I have spent so many hours over the last five days or so watching as many U Tube videos as I could about them and I have to say I think I am addicted to mini albums now. I love everything about them from the size, to their thickness, oh the thickness is to die for, the embellishments, all the techniques used. I tell totally addicted they have taken over from my cards whereby I don't care if I don't make cards on a regular basis anymore lol. All I want to do is make mini albums. I am also on the waiting list to be in a swap club with mini albums hehehe that is how addicted I am. So check out the progress on my album. . . .






The large rhinestone below was a clear one and I alcohol inked it with Lettuce alcohol ink. . .beautiful!! Nothing is too hard. I punched out the little tags with a SU Tag punch and I made the envelope that holds the tags.


Okay now this pic below is a business envelope folded in half and covered with designer paper to create two smaller pockets to be inserted in amongst the paper bag envelopes.

This last pic is my little man, Shaman who is sound asleep at my feet under the desk as I type. I could not resist taking this pic of him curled up in a ball.

Okay for me this evening that is all I've got for now.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

6 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

oh my goodness! i am speachless *rare thing* lol this is already stunning and it is only going to get more so as you finish it i am sure!! love the paper, looks better when you use it then when i do for some reason LOL cant wait to see the finished item :0)
and no more cards from you? i think NOT!! that would be sad :0(

sherrye said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, your mini album is fantastic and I totally agree they are so addicting. I am currently working on one in the shape of an apple for my niece.
I agree about the cards sometimes it is fun to do something else for awhile.

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, you are amazing! However, you can't NOT make cards any more! Love your album, can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Aren't mini albums addictive! I am working on a few of them myself. I love what you've done so far. Can't wait to see the finished project. I do so hope you can make it to Regionals. I would love to meet you Michelle! TFS

Chris said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous album...it's probably one of the "nicest" paper bag albums I've seen! I love how you made the pages different lengths.

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Wow Michelle - love your album. Where did you purchase your paperbags?
It has been a long time between posts for me.
Love your new addiction.
Hugs
Fi