Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paper Blooms Guest Design post

I was asked by Leah to be a guest designer for the Paper Blooms challenge blog for this month and I jumped at the opportunity. If you haven't participated on this blog before then why don't you give them a go it is a wonderful blog. Leah makes her own crocheted blooms and butterflies and she sent me some to use on my cards for this month. Today the challenge was Monochromatic so I chose to make mine white and may I say that this is the very first time I have created an all white card and I love it!!!! I used my Victoria, Swiss Dots and Paisley Cuttlebug embossing folders to create that look of texture on my card. The Swiss Dots is used on the scallop oval. I wanted this card to be soft, feminine and elegant, therefore I chose to use Ranger Tea Dye distress ink instead of a harsh colour like black or red or similar. I used my brand new Oval All stamp set from SU. I have to say I love how this card turned out. I used my crocheted butterfly on the upper right side giving her two Kaisercraft rhinestones at the tip of her antennas.

I look forward to seeing what you all create this fortnight and I hope to see heaps more people taking part in the challenge from here on in. I promise you will not regret it.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

5 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

i am thrilled that your our guest designer for the month :0) such a beautiful card girl!! and the oval all is one of my fav sets also. in fact i think i use it too much lol

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Woo Hoo - congratulations on your Guest Designer.
I love, love your card it is very feminine and oh so elegant.
I hope to play along.
Hugs
Fi

Pattie G said...[Reply to comment]

Michele, This card is so beautiful. I have never done a card with just one color. You have inspired me. Thanks for visiting my blogspot.

Pattie

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, you are amazing! This is beautiful. I love monochromatic cards, I just don't do very well at them! Lol... Congrats on your well deserved Guest DT spot at Paper Blooms! How exciting for you, and how lucky they are to have you!

shelly said...[Reply to comment]

hi michelle
congrats on being the guest designer on PB .. your card is so pretty!
i really have enjoyed looking at your blog, lovely work. shelly