Monday, October 12, 2009

FTL #63

Thanks again to Sherry for finding this challenge for us to do. Sherry found Clean & Simple Fall To Layout and put her entry in this morning and because we live across the world from each other I put mine in tonight even though I completed it at lunchtime today I was taking care of my little grandaughter Sophia while my daughter went to work. Soph's needs come before Nannie gets to play with her own stuff lol so I had to wait until she went to bed. The sketch we were to follow is the one below and as the blog title states Clean and Simple which is always a good thing.



This is my interpretation of the above sketch I hope you like it. I chose not to use any designer paper with this card, I just used stamps to create a designer paper look (I hope). I used SU Well Worn Words background stamp with River Rock ink and then over stamped with Chocolate Chip with Season Of Joy stamp set. The sentiment is from SU Always stamp set. On the actual card base I used the same stamps that I used with the Chocolate Chip but used Versamark instead. I inked all the edges in Chocolate Chip. I am really happy with the outcome and even though you cannot see much of it the Chocolate Chip cardstock was run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Thats it for me for now.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

4 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

fantastic job on the stamping, looks like designer paper!! will have to check out that site as i want to learn how to do "clean and simple" i always tend to load up my cards :0)

Kristen H said...[Reply to comment]

This is really pretty, I love your handmade designer paper. What a gorgeous look. This is a great take on the sketch. What a pretty shade of grey too. I like the clean and simple look too. Very lovely. Thanks for checking on my well being too. What a sweetie you are!
xxx

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

I am terrible at clean and simple - I probably need to work on that challenge too! Great job Michelle! Give that Sophie a hug from Aunt Patti! Take care my friend!

Natasha said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! I love the stamped paper you created1