Friday, August 14, 2009

365 Cards - #166 - Card Recipe

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was a card recipe and your card had to be a 4 x 7 sized card, 3 x patterned papers, 5 x blossoms, wet embossing and had to include glitter. I was q uite happily making my card and then I thought I would put ribbon on between the two bottom patterned papers so I cut the slit on the left side of the card and placed the ribbon on and I thought Mmmm that looks great and then I realised that I was not supposed to have ribbon on it. . . .DOH!!!! So I had to remove it (but I will replace it once pics and post are done). I put glitter in the middle of each flower and the stamp set I used (a real cheapy one) I have had sitting in my stash for quite some months so I decided to ink her up. I used Ranger Distress inks in Black Soot and Fired Brick and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I also edged the flowers in Black Soot. I used DCWV La Creme (my new one) paper stack. The flowers are Kaisercraft and the black shimmer cardstock is from my stash. Okay that is it and since I have virtually listed all my supplies in the post I will not bother with a supply list at the end.

The glitter glue is not quite dry but I was getting impatient to do my post so it will look better when they are dry. That is it for me. I want to thank everyone for all your well wishes and I gotta say that this is the first day in over a week that I have felt better than I have been. Still have little to no voice and no sense of smell or taste but don't feel so weak and queasy. This is good!!
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

6 comments:

Celeste said...[Reply to comment]

I love this card, especially the lips and the flowers. I'm glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better.

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Glad you are feelip better! Ha ha ha! My card today was entirely done, and in front of the camera when I realized that it was supposed to have DP's on it too!!! So off came the ovals and back to work I went!!! I love this card Michelle! You are so much fun!!! Hugs!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

love the lips girl!! such a perfect card for the challenge and bet the ribbon makes it even better :) glad you felt well enough to play today :)

TesaB said...[Reply to comment]

Hi! Good to hear that you are slowly getting better! Great card today! Beautiful flower, the inking of the petals really make them special and wow, that stamp is gorgeous!!!

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

Love your fun card Michelle....glad that you are feeling better!!

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

I'm glad you're on the mend, my friend!

This was actually my very first card recipe challenge... and I found it very hard, too. Not for what was supposed to appear on the card - but what was NOT. I hope I'll find time today to post my own card (it's been a crazy week!)

I love the black sooty flowers, and that kiss is delish! :D