Tuesday, August 11, 2009

365 Cards - #163 - Try A Technique - Masking

The challenge today over at 365 Cards is Try A Technique - Masking. I chose the SU Fifth Ave Floral for this technique. I also used my Derwent Watercolour pencils and the colour I chose for the pink coloured flowers was far too in your face and the more I tried to soften it the louder it got so I gave up in disgust. So I am warning you now to put your sunglasses on okay. The rest of the card is self explanatory but I will list it all the the supply list. I have no voice today and the family are loving it. My little baby grandaughter, Sophie keeps looking at me weirdly as if to say "why do you sound so different Nanny?" lol. Okay I am off to bed now that my card is done.

In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla cardstock. DCWV Textured cardstock. Unknown DP. Kaiser flowers and pearls. Button from stash. SU Hemp Twine. Ranger Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Derwent watercolour pencils. Lace from my stash.

17 comments:

Tasia D said...[Reply to comment]

Absolutely gorgeous! Great work - I love the coloring you did, so pretty. I hope your voice comes back soon! It's never fun when it decides to take a break lol

Evelin said...[Reply to comment]

hey girl :)
Love this! The lace is so pretty too! :)

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

hey i like the colors!!! fantastic card :) so glad your up and around now :)

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

They're stargazer lilies... they're supposed to be bright pink! LOL Lovely card, and I really love the lace and pearl accents...

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

gorgeous michelle...my favorite flowers!

TesaB said...[Reply to comment]

Love the bright pink color! It makes it all pop, and wow is the card beautiful! It has this wonderful vintage feel all over it! And hey - you get better now, you hear!

Janice said...[Reply to comment]

Great card, love the color combo. Glad you are feeling better.

Juls said...[Reply to comment]

gorgeous!! Love the distressed feel! the lace and the pearls! fab!

PCM said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is lovely. I like the colors you chose and the way you masked. Oh My! This is gorgeous. TFS

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty, I love the stamp set!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

I love the colors and do not think it requires me to use my sunglasses. Sounds like you are still under the weather a little bit.
Hope you will be on the mend soon.

beckynoelle said...[Reply to comment]

This is absolutely beautiful!
Feel better soon!

jacque4u2c said...[Reply to comment]

Just stunning!

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Gosh Michelle, you must have a raging fever! No sunglasses needed doll... this is a wonderful card! I love everything about it! Get better, 'kay??? Big hugs!

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Great card Michelle, I love the distressing.
Chrissie

Kristen H said...[Reply to comment]

Great job with the masking. I have to get on it and give this a whirl. I love the images and the way you used them. The coloring is phenomenal as well!!!

xxx

Have a most wonderful day!

Rose-Anne said...[Reply to comment]

Lovely card. I haven't heard from you in ages and was thinking of you this morning so popped onto your blog. Hope you are well.