Wednesday, July 29, 2009

365 Cards - #150 - An Eye For An I

Homophones that is what the challenge is for Reader Appreciation week over at 365 Cards today. Homophones are words that sound like another but have a different meaning eg YOU and EWE. Okay that being said I wanted mine to be clever hahahaha I am rolling on the floor about now because I continuously crack myself up! Mum and I came up with this one below and once we said it I thought Hmmm that is the one Mum, but Mum couldn't sleep until she was absolutely certain, 100 per cent that there was indeed a place called Rhodes. I googled it and yes there is in England and Greece. Her words then were now I can rest Shell. You see she has her bed set up right behind me as I type so I am working in here while she is sleeping. . . now, and it does not bother her one bit. Anyway I hope you like my card today everyone.

Short and Sweet that is me today because it is a bit late and I do need my beauty sleep.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU River Rock, Very Vanilla Confetti and Very Vanilla cardstock and designer paper. SU Baroque Motifs stamp set. Computer generated sentiment. SU Brad and River Rock grosgrain ribbon. Ribbon slide from the $1 store. SU Basic Black and River Rock stamp pads. Ranger Distress Inks.

9 comments:

Tasia D said...[Reply to comment]

Very cute and clever! Great work!

STAMPING SAM said...[Reply to comment]

I think you and your mom make a great team!

I'm sure there are 'Rhodes' where ever you go...

Great card! Now I have to hit the Rhode...

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

What a pretty card... and your mum sounds like a card, too! :) Hi Mum!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Wonderful card, you and your mom are a hoot!!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

LOL that is perfect!! tell your mum it made me laugh and trust me i needed a good laugh today! :) *can i just copy yours and post it on my blog? so i can say i made a card? * wink*

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

I can always count on you for a smile! How clever!!! Cute card! I've not had time to craft today : - ( Been hanging curtains and other honey-do jobs! Love that buckle! Hi there MUM!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

You and your mum are just too funny. Very cute card.

Lost in Paper said...[Reply to comment]

Good work by you and Mum!! wonderful card for the 365 challenge!!

Vicky said...[Reply to comment]

This is gorgeous Michelle! I love the soft colors you used! I love the teamwork with you mom! That's a great statement :).